At this point of writing it feels like the branch is fairly in shape enough. I’ve added KDE 4.3 RC2 from kde-testing overlay to work towards the final KDE 4.3 release.
As we speak a migration tool is being written to handle certain things that must be done after you hop into branch 5. If you are a little dare devil and want to jump into branch 5 ( equo hop 5 ) you need to keep in mind these steps.
- Do I realise that I’m about to download 800 – 1000 packages and I have enough free disc space to survive that operation.
- It’s important, since its a binary tree, that you complete equo upgrade (or what we used to call equo world)
- I’m not sure when the migration tools will be implemented but since we jumped to Python 2.6 you need to check eselect python list and see if its set to this.
- You will most likely need to equo install gcc and run gcc-config and set it to the latest gcc version
- You need to run binutils-config to manauly select a profile.
- The lowest kernel is a 2.26.30 you need to check with eselect kernel if its set to it and maybe manualy add the entry in /boot/grub/grub.conf
- Right now there is no new artwork available in branch 5 so it will kinda look the same.
If none of above stop you from trying the new branch, well its there for you.